Tecla is a set of open software and hardware tools that facilitate switch access to electronic devices for people with mobility impairments. This repo contains the source code for the Tecla Access App for Android.
There are many ways to contribute to the Tecla Access App for Android. Here are some ideas:
In order to start contributing code to the Tecla Access project, follow the steps below:
- Fork this repo. For detailed instructions visit http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
- Download and install Eclipse
- Download and install the Android SDK
- Create a new Android project in Eclipse named Tecla Access (target Android 2.0)
- Import the Tecla Access project's source from the source directory in your local repo (you may need to let Eclipse copy the source to the workspace)
- Create a new Android library project in Eclipse named Tecla Access SDK (target Android 2.0)
- Import the Tecla Access SDK project's source from the sdk directory in your local repo (you may need to let Eclipse copy the source to the workspace)
- Go to the properties of your Tecla Access project and add the project Tecla Access SDK as a library
- You should now be able to compile the project
- Hack away! but please make sure you follow [this branching model] (http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/). That means, make your pull requests against the develop branch, not the master branch.
Another very useful way to contribute to the Tecla Access project is to identify any bugs or issues that may still be lurking in the Tecla Access App for Android. You can also submit your requests for features that you think the Tecla Access App for Android is still missing. To get started follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a fee github account if you don't already have one
- Download the Tecla Access App for Android from the Google Play Store.
- Use Tecla Access as your main input method on your Android device
- Report issues and submit feature requests to your heart's content via a the Tecla Access issues page
Translating Tecla Access to your mother tongue (or voting on completed translations) is the easiest way to contribute to the project. To start translating follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a free crowdin.net account if you don't already have one.
- Visit the Tecla Access translation page and check if the language you want to work on is already there.
- If the language you want to work on is not shown on the Tecla translation page, let us know so we can add it.
- If your language has not been completed, take a moment to contribute some translations, otherwise feel free to vote or make alternative suggestions to the strings already translated.