HackDMC - A Hackathon Project for UI Labs
This codebase is for the UI Labs "DMC Hackathon" - HackDMC weekend July 15-17, 2016. This project won 2nd place.
This app interprets vast amounts of machine data (collected by MTConnect sensors) as a dashboard.
The "intent" of this app is better "decision" making based on "very clear and thoughtful" indicators (i.e. "good vs bad", "yes vs no", "color code: red, yellow, green").
Intended users of this app include operators, ops managers and execs for use at the regular ops meetings (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Will - developer
- Connor - data scientist
- Eric - business executive
- Taylor - student
#ABOUT About this app - A loosely (rudely) coded MVC / Restful app.
- /app - the app runs with index.php from this folder
- /config -
- /data - Company, Project data I/O
- /sql - Database schema. Consists of tables for data, departments, assets, parts...
- /template - php templating
- /reports - static HTML pages generated using R from Connor
- /docs - PowerPoint from Eric
LAMP - PHP/MySQL, Bootstrap, JQuery
- Download to a LAMP server
- Configure the database settings in /config/database_config.php
- Initialize the database using the .sql in /sql
Data policy The .sql schema contains a small sample of data. 24GB of real world MTConnect machine data (not included).
- See the TODO in the code
- Streaming MTConnect data would provide real-time visibility.