wl: Will's Library of Will
A note-taking system for those tired of complications
LICENCE. GPL v2.
##Overview If you have any of:
- folder(s) of PDFs you've read
- a file containing notes about those PDFs
- a folder(s) of notes about meetings or ideas
- a desire to simply search them ...this is the program for you.
- Open up 'wl.rb' and add each parameter. Examples are given; remember that folder can have sub-folders that will also be searched.
- (optional) run something like
sudo ln -s /home/user/wl/wl.rb /usr/bin/wlto let you run
wl -p tilman- search for papers written by Tilman, and any notes you've written about his papers
wl -p tilman -o 2- as above, but open the second PDF the program finds
wl -n tilman- search your folder of notes and meetings (NOTE: different from you file with notes about papers) for anything by Tilman
wl -n tilman --thorough- as above, but also search inside files in your notes folder. You can make this the default behavour by editing
wl.rbas described above.
##Notes This is hardly likely to be the best way to store things. This just happens to work well for me. The script is not battle-tested, and will break if you ask it things it can't figure out (e.g., don't search for PDFs if you have no PDF directory).
It is easy to edit this; e.g., to make it search a directory of notes on papers. I occasionally update this, and have vague plans to make more features. Ask if interested.