Let's go out have lunch! Well, I am sure that you know plenty of good and fancy restaurants, but can you name 5 of the latests ones that you've come to? I can't, that is one of the reasons of creating restaurand.
restaurand is a simple application where you can add restaurants and then, ask for one suggestions. The restaurants suggested are from your collection and shown ussing some weighted randomness: the ones that you haven't seen in a while have more probability to appear than the others.
But there is a more important reason for the existance of restaurand: learning. This application is my test field where I can apply everything that I learn developing Android. So yes, some things are not necessary, there are best ways to do others, but keep in mind that what I want to do with the app is to use different approaches and try the latests trends of Android development.
In this app you will find:
- Google Places API
- (Kinda) Clean approach (interfaces everywhere!)
- Material resources: CardViews, TextInputLayout, FloatButton, NavigationDrawer)
- Android 6.0 Permissions
- Add signup/signin and store someway your collection of restaurands
- Add Retrofit + RxJava
- Implement a better weighted randomness algorith
- Better structure of the overall thing
- [Picasso] (http://square.github.io/picasso/)
- [Dexter] (https://github.com/Karumi/Dexter)
- [ORMlite] (http://ormlite.com/sqlite_java_android_orm.shtml)
A big shoutout to Noties (https://github.com/noties) for teaching me the proper way to program. Thanks) !
Of course, any pull requests are more than welcome!