Workbook 1 – Getting Started
- Choosing and API & Starter Kit
- Create an API Developer Account
- Understanding the Starter Kit Architecture
- Understanding the API Call
Workbook 2 – Controls, Data Binding, and Windows Store App Design
- Understanding data binding
- Common Controls – GridView, ListView, and more
- Windows store App features – Snapping, Sharing, Search, etc.
- UI Design options
Workbook 3 – Getting Your App into the Windows Store
- Get a Windows Developer Account
- Using the Dashboard
- Submitting an App
- Addressing Certification Issues
As you work though these workbooks, you will learn to access data via APIs, create an interface with controls, bind that data to controls, and submit your app to the Windows Store. Along the way, you’ll see Windows 8 and Windows Phone features to help your app shine, including sharing, searching, tiles, and more.