The missing open source blog system on Ruby on Rails 6.1.
WBlog is open source blog which built for mobile first, it's licenced on MIT, use it for free!
New: WBlog is using Ruby on Rails 6.1 now.
- Modern clean reading feelings
- Markdown support, give nice formatted articles
- Mobile first, responsive page for iPhone, iPad, iMac.
- Independent comment system, subscribe system, picture manage system
A real example comes from my own blog( Chinese ): https://yafeilee.com
- Ruby ( >= 3.0.1 )
- Postgresql ( >= 9.x )
- Nginx ( >= 1.4 )
- Responsive, iPhone, iPad, Notebook, PC, all are supported
- QR Code, Like button make your article easily sharing with your friends
- Inpendent comment system, subscribe system, that all belong to you
- Markdown supported, code highlight, especially for programmer, like you
- Personalize it, commercialize it, it all depends on you
Make it to the best Ruby on Rails Blog system in the world.
Running in development mode
WBlog MUST run in Linux or OSX. I assume you are using OS X 10.
You can run it like a Ruby on Rails project as usual:
- Check dependencies
ruby -v # 3.0.1 postgres --version # 9.x.x
- Clone it
git clone email@example.com:windy/wblog.git
- Install dependencies & configure
gem install bundler bundle install cp config/application.yml.example config/application.yml cp config/database.yml.example config/database.yml
database.yml 's content as you need
- Start it
Open browser with
If there is any error found, please check your database's user and password.
- Post the first blog
visit: http://localhost:3000/admin, input your username and password configurated in
then, post a new article.
OK, That's all.
mina as automation deployment tool, uses
puma as the Rack container.
nginx as reverse proxy server.
It will be very fast.
Ruby on Rails project deployment is another topic, I would NOT talk it here.
You can read WBlog wiki for more information: WBlog 的发布流程(Chinese only now)
- Ruby on Rails 6.1
- Ruby 3.0.1
- Bootstrap 4
Related open source blog systems
- writings.io( Ruby on Rails 4.0.2 ): a multi users blog system https://github.com/chloerei/writings
- jekyll( Ruby Gem, Markdown): Static blog system http://jekyllrb.com/
- octopress( Github Pages ): http://octopress.org/
- middleman( Ruby Gem ): Another static blog system https://github.com/middleman/middleman
- robbin_site( Padrino ): https://github.com/robbin/robbin_site
Home Page for mobile:
Home Page Hover Status for mobile:
Blog Show Page:
Blog Show Page Hover Status:
Admin Login Page:
Admin Dashboard Page:
Admin New Blog Page:
Admin Blogs Manage Page: