A capped Redis transport for winston.
var winston = require('winston'); // // Requiring `winston-redis` will expose // `winston.transports.Redis` // require('winston-redis').Redis; winston.add(winston.transports.Redis, options);
This transport accepts the options accepted by the node-redis client:
- host: (Default localhost) Remote host of the Redis server
- port: (Default 6379) Port the Redis server is running on.
- auth: (Default None) Password set on the Redis server
In addition to these, the Redis transport also accepts the following options.
- length: (Default 200) Number of log messages to store.
- container: (Default winston) Name of the Redis container you wish your logs to be in.
- channel: (Default None) Name of the Redis channel to stream logs from.
Metadata: Logged as JSON literal in Redis
Installing npm (node package manager)
$ curl http://npmjs.org/install.sh | sh
$ npm install winston $ npm install winston-redis
All of the winston tests are written in vows, and designed to be run with npm.