Tame your development cycle.
Gitcycle is a
git wrapper that makes working on a team easy.
It assumes you are using pull requests along side GitHub Issues.
It connects to email, Lighthouse, and Campfire if you want it to.
Visit gitcycle.com to set up your repository.
gitc command does everything
git does, but with some extra features.
gitc for everything. It should just work.
First, checkout the branch that you will eventually merge your code into:
gitc checkout [BRANCH]
gitc branch + your ticket URL to create a new branch:
gitc branch https://xxx.lighthouseapp.com/projects/0000/tickets/0000-my-ticket
gitc pull without parameters. It knows what you're trying to do.
If you're working on a ticket branch, it will automatically pull the latest code from upstream.
Commit all changes and open commit message in EDITOR:
Ticket number and name are prefilled if present.
gitc push without parameters. It knows what you're trying to do.
After pushing some commits, put the code up for discussion:
When the branch is ready for code review:
This will label the pull request as "Pending Review".
Periodically check for "Pending Review" issues on GitHub.
gitc review pass [GITHUB ISSUE #] [...]
Label the issue "Pending QA".
gitc review fail [GITHUB ISSUE #] [...]
Label the issue "Fail".
Periodically check for "Pending QA" issues on Github.
gitc qa [GITHUB ISSUE #] [...]
Now you have a QA branch containing all commits from the specified Github issue numbers.
gitc qa fail [GITHUB ISSUE #]
Label the issue with "Fail" and regenerate the QA branch without the failing issue.
gitc qa pass
Label all issues "Pass" and the merge the QA branch into target branch.
See who is QA'ing what:
Checkout branches from other forks:
gitc checkout [USER] [BRANCH]
Checkout a branch from a ticket URL:
gitc checkout [TICKET URL]
Gitcycle automatically knows if you are checking out an upstream branch:
gitc checkout [BRANCH]
- Label issues with ticket milestone
- Issues aren't assigned to people
- Add comment on lighthouse with issue URL
- On pass or fail, send email to Github email
- Note you can use gitc with a string (and get this working)
- gitc qa pass, should not set ticket to pending-approval if its already resolved
- If gitc redo happens on branch with Github issue, close the existing issue
- Instead of detecting CONFLICT, use error status $? != 0
- gitc ready - possibly do syntax checks $ gitc st - shortcut
- There's still a Tagging Issue I tried to fix parseLabel http://d.pr/8eOS , Pass should remove Pending *, but remove the Branch Name. Also, when I gitc reviewed failed [issue number] it marks it pending-qa and failed.. not correct. I'll take a look at this over the weekend -Tung
- gitc qa pass # since we're changing this to pass all the tickets, we need to loop through all the merged issues and update the lighthouse state to pending-qa