Configure a Payment Method
Go to Sales and scroll down to Payment Methods:
Select the payment method you want to configure (e.g. Wirecard PayPal).
Minimum Configuration Options
- Enable/Disable payment method.
Merchant Account ID (MAID):
Enter the MAID as provided in your Wirecard contract. You receive a unique MAID for each payment method.
Enter the Secret Key as provided in your Wirecard contract. You receive a unique Secret Key for each payment method.
Name of payment method as displayed during checkout.
- Sort order: Determines the order in which the payment methods are displayed to the consumer. The higher the number, the further down the payment method will be displayed.
- Credentials (Username, Password) for Wirecard server connection (Wirecard Payment Gateway):
Authorization and Capture
Two payment actions are generally available:
- Authorization: The amount will be authorized only. You need to capture it manually later.
- Capture: The amount will be deposited immediately and automatically.
Depending on the payment method, you can execute either:
- Authorization and Purchase, or
- Authorization only, or
- Purchase only.
For further payment-method-specific configuration, go to the respective payment method configuration page.
Payment Method Logos
The Wirecard Magento 2 Extension is equipped with default images of payment method logos/icons. You can replace them with your own payment method images:
- Requirement: The Wirecard Magento 2 Extension must be installed on your server.
- On your server, go to your Magento 2 installation directory.
- Go to the
- Replace the logo/icon there with your own.
- Use the same names as for the default images.
- Format of images must be
- You can find the default images in the Wirecard Magento 2 Extension Repository.
A subsequent update of the Wirecard Magento 2 Extension overwrites all customized images with the latest standard version.
After an update you have to change your payment method logos/icons again.