Masterpass is a free digital wallet service. It stores payment and delivery information so that consumers can make purchases without having to re-enter their shipping/billing address or credit card details.
A Masterpass wallet works with all major credit, debit and prepaid cards, such as Mastercard, Maestro, Diners Club International, Discover, Visa and American Express.
Go to Sales and scroll down to Payment Methods.
Select Wirecard Masterpass to open the Masterpass configuration page:
Send Additional Information
If this field is set to Yes, additional data will be sent for the purpose of fraud protection. This additional data includes billing/shipping address, shopping basket, and descriptor.
Masterpass payments can be performed using two different payment actions:
1. Authorization: Payments for orders are not captured/invoiced but only authorized by the consumer, and therefore only reserved. For debit, you have to confirm/capture the amount manually.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type authorization for payment method Masterpass.
- The order created in Magento 2 order management will be labeled as Authorized.
2. Capture: Set payment action to Capture to capture/invoice payments of orders automatically.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type purchase for payment method Masterpass.
- The order created in Magento 2 order management will be labeled as Processing.
Supported Post-Processing Operations
Select Sales/Orders to access post-processing operations:
Depending on your Payment Action settings, there are different options for the Masterpass post-processing operation workflow:
Payment Action Authorization
1. Void: Triggers transaction type void-authorization. The payment will be canceled/voided.
2. Capture: Triggers transaction type capture-authorization. The payment will be captured/invoiced.
3. Refund: Triggers transaction type void-capture. The payment/invoice will be refunded.
Payment Action Capture
1. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-purchase. The payment/invoice will be refunded.
You also have the option of partial Refund/Capture. Partial Refund/Capture is possible until the payment has been refunded/captured in full.
For a step-by-step guide to voiding, capturing and refunding payments, go to our Post-Processing Operations page.
Please be aware that stock management is not included in the post-processing operations triggered in the Wirecard extension but only in Magento 2 order management.