PayPal is a global e-commerce business, processing internet payments and money transfers. It is a wallet payment method that allows consumers to make and receive payments without having to share their financial information.
Go to Sales and scroll down to Payment Methods.
Select Wirecard PayPal to open the PayPal configuration page:
PayPal payment can be performed with two different payment actions:
1. Authorization: Payments for orders are not captured/invoiced but only authorized by the consumer, and therefore only reserved. For debit, you have to confirm/capture the amount manually.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type authorization for payment method PayPal.
- The order created in Magento 2 order management will be labeled as Authorized.
2. Capture: Payments for orders are captured/invoiced automatically.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type purchase for payment method PayPal.
- The order created in Magento 2 order management will be labeled as Processing.
As a service for the consumers, PayPal supports the display of the shopping basket's content during checkout. To enable this feature, set the Shopping Basket field to Yes.
Send Additional Information
If this field is set to Yes, additional data will be sent for the purpose of fraud protection. This additional data includes billing/shipping address, shopping basket, and descriptor.
Supported Post-Processing Operations
Select Sales/Orders to access post-processing operations:
Depending on your Payment Action settings, there are different options for the PayPal post-processing operation workflow:
Payment Action Authorization
1. Void: Triggers transaction type void-authorization. The payment will be canceled/voided.
2. Capture: Triggers transaction type capture-authorization. The payment will be captured/invoiced.
3. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-capture. The payment/invoice will be refunded.
Payment Action Capture
1. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-debit. The payment/invoice will be refunded.
You also have the option of partial Refund/Capture. Partial Refund/Capture is possible until the payment has been refunded/captured in full.
For a step-by-step guide to voiding, capturing and refunding payments, go to our Post-Processing Operations page.
Please be aware that stock management is not included in the post-processing operations triggered in the Wirecard extension but only in Magento 2 order management.