Maestro SecureCode is a debit card by Mastercard, which is processed as Credit Card payment. However, consumers may not associate their debit card with Credit Card payment. Therefore, the option Maestro SecureCode is listed separately during checkout.
Maestro SecureCode Configuration
- Select Extensions/Extensions.
- From the extension type dropdown list, select Payments.
- Scroll down to Wirecard Maestro SecureCode.
- Click the button in the Wirecard Maestro SecureCode line to open the Maestro SecureCode configuration page:
Maestro SecureCode payment can be performed using two different payment actions:
1. Authorization: Payments for orders are not captured/invoiced but merely authorized by the consumer and thus only reserved. For debit, you have to confirm/capture the amount manually.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type authorization for payment method Maestro SecureCode.
- The order created in OpenCart order management will be labeled as Authorized.
2. Purchase: Set payment action to Purchase to capture/invoice payments of orders automatically.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type purchase for payment method Maestro SecureCode.
- The order created in OpenCart order management will be labeled as Processing.
The descriptor is the text representing an order on the consumer's bank statement issued by their credit card company. It provides information for the consumer, as it associates a specific debit on the consumer's account with the respective purchase in your shop.
If the descriptor is Disabled, the issuer/acquirer generates a default entry for each purchase.
If the descriptor is Enabled, the default descriptor text consists of the first 9 characters of the shop name and the order number.
To modify the descriptor, use the method
createDescriptorin the file
Enable this feature to send the descriptor with each request/response.
Note: This feature is not supported by all acquirers.
Send Additional Information
If this feature is Enabled, additional data will be sent for the purpose of fraud protection. This additional data includes billing/shipping address, shopping basket, and descriptor.
Note: The additional information includes the descriptor even if the descriptor option is set to Disabled.
Delete Canceled Order
If this feature is Enabled, every time the payment process is canceled before completion of the authorization/purchase, the corresponding order will be automatically deleted from the OpenCart order management.
Delete Failed Order
If this feature is Enabled, every time the payment process fails to complete the authorization/purchase successfully, the corresponding order will be automatically deleted from the OpenCart order management.
Supported Post-Processing Operations
Depending on your Payment Action settings, there are different options for the Maestro SecureCode post-processing operation workflow:
Payment Action Authorization
1. Cancel: Triggers transaction type void-authorization. The payment will be canceled/voided, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Canceled.
2. Capture: Triggers transaction type capture-authorization. The payment will be captured/invoiced, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Processing.
3. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-capture. The payment/invoice will be refunded, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Refunded.
Payment Action Purchase
1. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-purchase. The payment/invoice will be refunded, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Refunded.
You also have the option of partial Refund/Capture. Partial Refund/Capture is possible until the payment has been refunded/captured in full.
Please be aware that stock management is not included in the post-processing operations triggered in the Wirecard extension but only in OpenCart order management.