Masterpass is a free digital wallet service. It stores payment and delivery information so that consumers can make purchases without having to re-enter their shipping/billing address or credit card details.
A Masterpass wallet works with all major credit, debit and prepaid cards, such as Mastercard, Maestro, Diners Club International, Discover, Visa and American Express.
- Select Extensions/Extensions.
- From the extension type dropdown list, select Payments.
- Scroll down to Wirecard Masterpass.
- Click the button in the Wirecard Masterpass line to open the Masterpass configuration page:
Masterpass payments can be performed using two different payment actions:
1. Authorization: Payments for orders are not captured/invoiced but only authorized by the consumer, and therefore only reserved. For debit, you have to confirm/capture the amount manually.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type authorization for payment method Masterpass.
- The order created in OpenCart order management will be labeled as Authorized.
2. Purchase: Set payment action to Purchase to capture/invoice payments of orders automatically.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type purchase for payment method Masterpass.
- The order created in OpenCart order management will be labeled as Processing.
The descriptor is the text representing an order on the consumer's bank statement issued by their credit card company. It provides information for the consumer, as it associates a specific debit on the consumer's account with the respective purchase in your shop.
If the descriptor is Disabled, the issuer/acquirer generates a default entry for each purchase.
If the descriptor is Enabled, the default descriptor text consists of the first 9 characters of the shop name and the order number.
To modify the descriptor, use the method
createDescriptorin the file
Data and Structure:
Your merchant name and merchant location are usually displayed on the cardholder’s bank statement (static data). These fields, or parts of them, are used for presenting the dynamic data on the cardholder’s statement.
Apart from such static data, you can add transaction information to better reference your sales. For example, you can use invoice number, booking ID or transaction ID. This data is typically passed along to you (the merchant). As the field has a fixed length, the longer the merchant name, the smaller the number of digits allocated to dynamic information, e.g.:
- VISA: Name: 25 digits, location: 13 digits
- Mastercard: Name: 22 digits, location: 13 digits
Consider all these parameters before setting a dynamic descriptor because any text exceeding the permissible length is cut off and discarded.
Be aware that industry-specific restrictions apply depending on card schemes.
Wirecard Bank (WDB) receives the transaction data from the Wirecard processing platform, looks up the merchant address, consolidates static address details and dynamic sales data (including Merchant Name and Merchant Location) and routes the information and the settlement request to the issuer. The amount of information that will later appear on the consumer's card statement may vary from issuer to issuer.
Note: It is up to the issuer to decide which data provided in the dynamic descriptor is printed on the cardholder’s statement. Therefore, Wirecard cannot guarantee that the dynamic descriptor data is fully printed on the cardholder’s statement.
Enable this feature to send the descriptor with each request/response.
Send Additional Information
If this feature is Enabled, additional data will be sent for the purpose of fraud protection. This additional data includes billing/shipping address, shopping basket, and descriptor.
Note: The additional information includes the descriptor even if the descriptor option is set to Disabled.
Delete Canceled Order
If this feature is Enabled, every time the payment process is canceled before completion of the authorization/purchase, the corresponding order will be automatically deleted from the OpenCart order management.
Delete Failed Order
If this feature is Enabled, every time the payment process fails to complete the authorization/purchase successfully, the corresponding order will be automatically deleted from the OpenCart order management.
Supported Post-Processing Operations
Depending on your Payment Action settings, there are different options for Masterpass post-processing operation workflow:
Payment Action Authorization
1. Cancel: Triggers transaction type void-authorization. The payment will be canceled/voided, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Canceled.
2. Capture: Triggers transaction type capture-authorization. The payment will be captured/invoiced, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Processing.
3. Refund: Triggers transaction type void-capture. The payment/invoice will be refunded, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Refunded.
Payment Action Purchase
1. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-purchase. The payment/invoice will be refunded, and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Refunded.
You also have the option of partial Refund/Capture. Partial Refund/Capture is possible until the payment has been refunded/captured in full.
Please be aware that stock management is not included in the post-processing operations triggered in the Wirecard extension but only in OpenCart order management.