PayPal is a global e-commerce business, processing internet payments and money transfers. It is a wallet payment method that allows consumers to make and receive payments without having to share their financial information.
- Select Extensions/Extensions.
- From the extension type dropdown list, select Payments.
- Scroll down to Wirecard PayPal.
- Click the button in the Wirecard PayPal line to open the PayPal configuration page:
PayPal payment can be performed with two different payment actions:
1. Authorization: Payments for orders are not captured/invoiced but only authorized by the consumer, and therefore only reserved. For debit, you have to confirm/capture the amount manually.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type authorization for payment method PayPal.
- The order created in OpenCart order management will be labeled as Authorized.
2. Purchase: Payments for orders are captured/invoiced automatically.
- This payment action triggers the transaction type purchase for payment method PayPal.
- The order created in OpenCart order management will be labeled as Processing.
As a service for the consumers, PayPal supports the display of the shopping basket's content during checkout. To enable this feature, select Enabled in the Shopping Basket dropdown menu.
The descriptor is the text representing an order on the consumer's bank statement issued by PayPal. It provides information for the consumer, as it associates a specific debit on the consumer's account with the respective purchase in your shop.
If the descriptor is Disabled, PayPal generates a default entry for each purchase.
If the descriptor is Enabled, the default descriptor text consists of the first 9 characters of the shop name and the order number.
To modify the descriptor, use the method
createDescriptorin the file
- Allowed characters:
- Max. length: 27 characters
- Allowed characters:
Enable this feature to send the descriptor with each request/response.
Send Additional Information
If this feature is Enabled, additional data will be sent for the purpose of fraud protection. This additional data includes billing/shipping address, shopping basket, and descriptor.
Note: The additional information includes the descriptor even if the descriptor option is set to Disabled.
Delete Canceled Order
If this feature is Enabled, every time the payment process is canceled before completion of the authorization/purchase, the corresponding order will be automatically deleted from the OpenCart order management.
Delete Failed Order
If this feature is Enabled, every time the payment process fails to complete the authorization/purchase successfully, the corresponding order will be automatically deleted from the OpenCart order management.
Supported Post-Processing Operations
Depending on your Payment Action settings, there are different options for the PayPal post-processing operation workflow:
Payment Action Authorization
1. Cancel: Triggers transaction type void-authorization. The payment will be canceled/voided and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Canceled.
2. Capture: Triggers transaction type capture-authorization. The payment will be captured/invoiced and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Processing.
3. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-capture. The payment/invoice will be refunded and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Refunded.
Payment Action Purchase
1. Refund: Triggers transaction type refund-debit. The payment/invoice will be refunded and the corresponding order in OpenCart order management will be updated to status Refunded.
You also have the option of partial Refund/Capture. Partial Refund/Capture is possible until the payment has been refunded/captured in full.
Please be aware that stock management is not included in the post-processing operations triggered in the Wirecard extension but only in OpenCart order management.