Configuring a Payment Method
To access the payment-method-specific configuration page, select
WooCommerce/Settings/Payments and select the specific Wirecard payment method you want to configure (e.g. Wirecard iDEAL):
Minimum Configuration Options
Use this checkbox to activate this payment method for your consumers. If you disable it later on, you can still do post-processing operations for all transactions performed while enabled.
Name of the payment method as displayed during checkout.
Merchant Account ID (MAID):
Enter the MAID as provided in your Wirecard contract. You receive a unique MAID for each payment method.
Enter the Secret Key as provided in your Wirecard contract. You receive a unique Secret Key for each payment method.
- Credentials (Username, Password) for Wirecard server connection (Wirecard Payment Gateway):
Authorization and Purchase
Two payment actions are generally available:
- Authorization: The amount will be authorized only. You need to capture it manually later.
- Purchase: The amount will be deposited immediately and automatically.
Depending on the payment method, you can execute either:
- Authorization and Purchase or
- Authorization only or
- Purchase only.
For further payment-method-specific configuration, go to the respective payment method configuration page.
Payment Method Logos
The Wirecard WooCommerce Extension is equipped with default images of payment method logos/icons. You can replace them with your own payment method images:
- Requirement: The Wirecard WooCommerce Extension must be installed on your server.
- On your server, go to
- Replace the logos/icons there with your own.
- Use the same names as for the default images.
- Format of images must be
- You can find the default images in the Wirecard WooCommerce Extension Repository.
A subsequent update of the Wirecard WooCommerce Extension overwrites all customized images with the latest standard version.
After an update you have to change your payment method logos/icons again.