eps-Überweisung (electronic payment standard) is one of the most popular e-commerce payment methods in Austria. It is based on the established online banking systems of nearly all Austrian banks.
- Select WooCommerce/Settings.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Scroll down to Wirecard eps-Überweisung:
- Click either Wirecard eps-Überweisung or the Set up button (on the right) to open the eps-Überweisung page:
eps-Überweisung transactions only permit the payment action Purchase, which triggers the transaction type debit for payment method eps-Überweisung.
Successful transactions (i.e. payments for orders) are captured/invoiced automatically and do not have to be confirmed manually.
The descriptor is the text representing an order on the consumer's bank statement issued by their bank. It provides information for the consumer, as it associates a specific debit on the consumer's account with the respective purchase in your shop.
- If the descriptor is Disabled, the consumer's bank generates a default entry for each purchase.
- If the descriptor is Enabled, the descriptor text consists of the first 9 characters of the shop name and the order number. To modify the descriptor, use the method
create_descriptorin the file
woocommerce-wirecard-ee/wirecard-woocommerce-extension/classes/helper/class-additional-information.php. Max. length: 64 characters.
Enable this feature to send the descriptor with each request/response.
Send Additional Information
If this feature is Enabled, additional data will be sent for the purposes of fraud protection. This additional data includes billing/shipping address, shopping basket, and descriptor.
Note: The additional information includes the descriptor even if the descriptor option is set to Disabled.
Supported Post-Processing Operations
Post-processing operations are currently not available for eps-Überweisung.