Skittle Grinder was developed to support the forensics collection and baselining of current popular flavors of Linux machines. The script is designed to pull the information, tar and zip it. It then creates a MD5 hash. Skittles needs root permissions in order to pull everything it needs.
- This script needs root permissions in order to run.
- Occasionally, you need to modify the permissions: chmod 711 ./skittles.sh
- Follow the prompts at the beginning of the script!
- This script is intended to be used as a forensics and baselining tool.
- Files are able to be uploaded to Splunk.
- HTTP or GUI support in order to compare results against a baseline.
- Allow Skittles to go out to a network, decide what systems are Linux, and run on those systems remotely.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
PLEASE, CONTINUE TO TASTE THE RAINBOW!