worms: a simple worm code
This is a sample code describing how the non-reversible worm algorithm (a.k.a directed-loop algorithm) can be implemented in the continuous imaginary time path integral representation. It calculatetes an S=1/2 antiferromagnetic Heisenberg chain in a longitudinal magnetic field.
mkdir worms-build cd worms-build cmake [path-to-worms-source-directory] make make test
Command line options
Please see the output of
Release 1.0 (2013/09/12)
- Initial version
Release 1.1 (2014/02/24)
- Fixed generation of transition matrix under the magnetic field
- Updated logic to optimize number of worms per MCS
- Added energy measurement
- Added timer
- Updated documents
- Added check scripts and tests
- O.F. Syljuasen and A.W. Sandvik, "Quantum Monte Carlo with directed loops," Phys. Rev. E 66, 046701 (2002).
- N. Kawashima and K. Harada, "Recent Developments of World-Line Monte Carlo Methods," J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 73, 1379 (2003).
- H. Suwa and S. Todo, "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Method without Detailed Balance," Physical Review Letters 105, 120603 (2010).
- S. Todo, "Loop Algorithm" in Strongly Correlated Systems: Numerical Methods (Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences), ed. A. Avella and F. Mancini (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2013), p. 153.
- Synge Todo (University of Tokyo)