Contributing to zigi
So you want to contribute to zigi-development? What better way to do so than from within zigi? (sometimes referred to as 'zigiception').
In order to contribute to zigi perform the following steps (after installation of zigi)
- Fork this repository
- From zigi clone your forked repository (make sure to use a different prefix then your installation prefix <DEV.PREFIX>)
- From zigi branch to a new local dev branch
- Make all your edits in your <INSTALL.PREFIX> datasets (so you can test them immediately :)
- Make all the changes you want, and test them until satisfied
- Copy all things from your <INSTALL.PREFIX> datasets to your <DEV.PREFIX> datasets
- Start zigi (from your INSTALL.PREFIX) and select the zigi repo
- Add all changed members, commit and push
- Once your ready, perform a pull request and when things are good we'll merge it in the master branch
Be aware that once you use "Fixes #nnn" as a commit-header, github will auto-close the Issue with that number once it's merged to master.