CLI to controle a Pan, Tilt, and Zoom Camera by InfraRed via an Arduino. This is just a wrapper around arduino_ir_remote that adds the following:
- cli to replay recorded codes
- ability to record new codes
- Arduino Uno
- IR Shield or IR LED and an IR Reviever
- USB cable (printer cabel)
- Connect the shield to the Arduino
- Connect arduino via USB to yoru computer
Note if you are not using a shield the IR LED should be connected to PIN 3 and the IR Receiver should be connected to PIN 11
Install this gem
$ gem install ir_ptz
You will need to install the Arduino SDK and load the sketch from this gem. To find the sketch run the following:
$ gem contents ir_ptz | grep arduino.ino /PATH_TO_GEMS/1.9.1/gems/ir_ptz-x.x.x/arduino/arduino.ino
Then in the SDK open the output from above (e.g.
Still to do
Have writing to the Arduino not stop processing incoming key presses. Basically I will buffer the input in one thread and write out the buffer in the other I think.