A standalone php script for crawling a site.
This script makes it relatively easy to
- find broken links
- find slow pages
- simulate semi-real usage (well, that's a stretch - but it's better than pinging the same page 20 times)
- Check any browser sniffing you might be doing
It's a pretty simple script, to see the full help call with no parameters
$ . crawl
To crawl a site - specify where to start, and the script will crawl
$ . crawl http://ad7six.com / (0) 1.2671s writing cache / » 1 » /contact (1) 1.2357s writing cache / » 1 » /entries/index/2006 (2) 1.2564s writing cache / » 1 » /entries/index/2007 (3) 1.2598s writing cache / » 1 » /entries/index/2008 (4) 1.0801s writing cache / » 1 » /entries/index/2009/11 (5) 1.0758s writing cache ...
The script will continue until one of the following conditions is met:
- There are no more links to crawl
- The maximum number of pages have been requeted (by default there is no limit)
- There are no more links within the depth specified
If the script halts - or you halt it, calling it again with the same parameters will take the page contents from the cache.