Stock Price Checker
A REST API for checking the latest stock prices of publicly traded companies.
- API is built using Node/Express and handles data creation, updates, and retrieval
- Backend is a MongoDB document database that stores user and exercise data
- Set the content security policies to only allow loading of scripts and css from your server, Font Awesome, and Google Fonts sites).
- I can GET
/api/stock-priceswith form data containing a Nasdaq stock ticker and recieve back an object stockData.
- In stockData, I can see the stock(string, the ticker), price(decimal in string format), and likes(int).
- I can also pass along field like as true(boolean) to have my like added to the stock(s). Only 1 like per IP address should be accepted.
- If I pass along 2 stocks, the return object will be an array with both stock's info but instead of likes, it will display rel_likes(the difference between the likes) on both stocks.
- A good way to receive current price is the following external API(replacing 'GOOG' with your stock):
- All 5 functional tests are complete and passing.
/api/stock-prices?stock=goog /api/stock-prices?stock=goog&like=true /api/stock-prices?stock=goog&stock=msft /api/stock-prices?stock=goog&stock=msft&like=true