Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Charles Poynton’s excellent Color FAQ
- Charles Poynton lists misconceptions and facts about Gamma in The rehabilitation of gamma (1998)
- Understanding gamma correction
- DMin, DMax and DRange explained right
- The Eye and Night Vision, an excellent article about human vision (Scotopic, mesopic, photopic vision) and night-vision-related phenomena.
- Understanding XML Digital Signature
- Film Festival in a box by CineForm’s David Newman about HD playout using commodity tools.
- Terrence Meiczinger’s OpenDCP
- Carl Hetherington’s DVD-o-matic (yes, that’s the name)
- Bernd Porr’s excellent article Creating a DCP with OpenDCP
- Chris Perry’s Making a DCP entirely with open source tools
- FIAF’s Digital Cinema Technologies from the Archive’s Perspective by Arne Nowak is a great primer on the concepts and technologies used in digital cinema
- ISDCF Recommendation — SMPTE DCP and Interop Requirements
- Inter-Society Digital Cinema Forum (ISDCF) — Collection of documents
- Here’s a depressing one: Michael Karagosian lays it all out in his april 2002 NAB presentation Content Packaging for Digital Cinema. We are moving glacially slow.
- From 2003: White Point Issues regarding SMPTE 196, for Film & Digital Projection
- Andrae Steiner’s cinemaslides fork.
- KDM Delivery with Locksmith
- A TDL Initiative
- The Cryptographic Doom Principle
- KDM Naming Convention v1.0
- Michael Karagosian: Who Do You Trust?
- CineCert’s KDM Generator for DCI Test Content v1.3
Food for Thought
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.