A Sublime Text 2 plugin for maintaining local history of files
- Every time you modify a file, a copy of the old contents is kept in the local history.
- At any time, you can compare or replace a file with any older version from the history.
- View incremental diff of any file from the history.
- It can help you out when you change or delete a file by accident.
- The history can also help you out when your workspace has a catastrophic problem or if you get disk errors that corrupt your workspace files.
- Each file revision is stored in a separate file inside the
.sublime/historyfolder of your home directory. e.g.,
With the Package Control plugin: The easiest way to install this plugin is through Package Control
Without Git: Download the latest source zip from github and extract the files to your Sublime Text "Packages" directory, into a new directory named
With Git: Clone the repository in your Sublime Text "Packages" directory:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:vishr/local-history.git "Local History"
The "Packages" directory location:
- OS X:
~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/
~/.Sublime Text 2/Packages/
%APPDATA%/Sublime Text 2/Packages/
- As this plugin is continuously evolving, please delete the history and reinstall the plugin incase you face any problems.