Women and Color: Frontend Web UI
Women and Color is an online community of talented women and people of color available for speaking opportunities at tech-related events.
Table of Contents
- Review our Contributor Guidelines and Code of Conduct
- Jump into our Slack chat channel,
- Anyone can request an invite to the CivicTech Toronto slack team.
- Ping one of our project members (@heymosef, @sharonk) and say hey!
- Check out our Roadmap and Task Tracker to see what we're working on.
- Join us at a weekly CivicTech Toronto hacknight.
- Join the meetup and RSVP to see the location.
- We're there most every week, but you might want to jump into chat first, and ask us to make sure!
This code repository is the visual frontend part of the website. It's built in React using Material UI and CSS modules.
repository powers the backend API, storing and retreiving data from the
database that underpins the website.
- Node.JS 8.x (Recommended install is via
Setting up and running the app
npm install --global yarn
Now (and whenever you pull new package changes), do this:
yarn install yarn start
That's it! Your local development site is now available at: http://localhost:8080/
Integrating with the API
In order to use the API functionality, the backend code needs to be set up locally as well. The set up steps are:
- Go to the backend repo to clone the repo
- Follow the setup instructions there
- Use the development site http://localhost:8000/
Heroku is a platform for easily deploying applications.
A buildpack provides framework and runtime support for apps running on platforms like Heroku.
- We auto-deploy the
stagingbranch to our staging website on Heroku:
womenandcolor-staging.herokuapp.com. (So merging a pull request also auto-deploys!)
- We use the
create-react-app-buildpackto handle many deployment settings.
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for important details, including our use of:
- Heroku Review Apps
License & Copyright
Copyright (C) 2017 Women and Color This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 3.0.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LICENSE file for details.