This page describes the list of activities that developers must perform to produce a new release of WP-CLI.
Make sure that the contents of VERSION are changed to latest. The file must not have any trailing whitespace.
php-cli-tools is set to
dev-master during the development cycle. During the WP-CLI release process,
composer.json should be locked to a specific version. php-cli-tools may need a new version tagged as well.
./utils/contrib-list to see new contributors. Update the
.mailmap file so that the names match their github handles.
When done, use
sort .mailmap -f -u -o .mailmap to only add new contributors.
1) Create a git tag and push it.
2) Create a stable Phar build:
cd wp-cli-builds/phar cp wp-cli-nightly.phar wp-cli.phar md5 -q wp-cli.phar > wp-cli.phar.md5
3) Create a release on Github: https://github.com/wp-cli/wp-cli/releases. Make sure to upload the Phar from the builds directory.
1) Run this script: https://github.com/szepeviktor/wplib/blob/master/bin/wp-cli-updatedeb.sh
2) Commit file to builds repo
A pull request must be submitted to the Homebrew repo. See https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-php/pull/1687#issuecomment-98408399 for background.
./utils/contrib-list -l to generate the list of contributors.