Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Download the appropriate file for your platform and see the installation instructions here: https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/getting_started/l/999999-installing-c-and-java-development-tools-for-frc
For this update, it's okay to skip reinstalling vscode, JDK, and the compiler if you already installed them with 2019.1.1.
After you install the update, vscode will prompt you when opening an older project whether or not you want to upgrade it to 2019.2.1.
Installing Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code (vscode) is the recommended and supported IDE. However, it requires a separate download as part of the install process. Make sure to click the "Select/Download" button during the install process if you want to install vscode.
If you need to install vscode on an offline machine, run the installer first on an Internet-connected machine and click the "Select/Download vscode" button. Then copy both the installer and the downloaded OfflineVsCodeFiles zip file to the offline machine.
What's Changed In This Release (since 2019.1.1)
- [CameraServer] Fix FPS limiting to actually limit average FPS (#1536)
- [CameraServer] startAutomaticCapture(VideoSource) now returns the created MjpegServer (#1544)
- [Java CameraServer] Some MjpegServer functions were mistakenly package-private, are now public (#1545)
- [CameraServer] VideoSink now supports configuration via JSON, similar to VideoSource (#1543)
- [Java] Fixed Timer.get() handling of accumulated time (#1531)
- [Simulation] Fix Windows USB camera race condition (#1534)
- [Simulation] Add notifyNewData function to DriverStationSim class (#1537)
- The Watchdog implementation no longer clobbers its internal isExpired flag after callback (this lets the callback call Watchdog.disable) (#1527)
- Improve camera widget: change default compression, allow compression level of -1 for robot-side default compression (saves robot CPU) (wpilibsuite/shuffleboard#571)
- Add widget for ultrasonic sensors (wpilibsuite/shuffleboard#568)
- Fix saved settings handling (wpilibsuite/shuffleboard#572)
- Exclude RobotBuilder backup files from the vscode file explorer (wpilibsuite/RobotBuilder#131)
- Fix some historical Eclipse references (wpilibsuite/RobotBuilder#132)
- Add Destination: Deep Space field image (wpilibsuite/PathWeaver#132)
- Fix issue with centimeter and millimeter units (wpilibsuite/PathWeaver#134)
Visual Studio Code Extensions
- Add helper prompts for selecting a folder above the project folder (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#189)
- Default deploy step to offline mode, and rename old offline flag (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#183)
- Don't allow setting java.home in project level from extension, as this horribly breaks the git workflow (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#182)
- Fix simulation on Linux and Mac (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#181)
- Better handle invalid or empty java.home (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#167 and wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#174)
- Declare JDK version in build.gradle to better handle multiple JDKs being installed (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#168)
- Add message to indicate when a vendor library has been successfully installed (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#170)
- Properly run a build when installing a vendor library or a wpilib update online (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#199)
- [Mac] Make Python scripts for tools executable (wpilibsuite/WPILibInstaller#38)
- [Mac] Users now need to extract the standalone utility (fixes issue) (wpilibsuite/WPILibInstaller#42)
- [Windows] Fix missing year in frcvars.bat (wpilibsuite/WPILibInstaller#34)
- Make WPILib icons transparent (wpilibsuite/WPILibInstaller#35)
- Add support for managing vendor dependencies in standalone utility (wpilibsuite/vscode-wpilib#197)
- Fix issue with simulateJava and more than one jar task in the project (wpilibsuite/GradleRIO#283)
- Fix desktop JNI extraction failing when there are no libraries to extract (wpilibsuite/GradleRIO#289)
- Allow disabling disableCacheCleanup (not recommended for most users) (wpilibsuite/GradleRIO#286)
- Fix DebugInfo and DesktopInfo on multi-project builds (wpilibsuite/GradleRIO#291)
- Download JRE during build process rather than waiting for deploy (wpilibsuite/GradleRIO#294)
- Add support for 2019_v13 image... Great Scott!
- Fix Clion support (wpilibsuite/GradleRIO#285)
Known Issues and Workarounds
- Only "known issue" fixed in this release is "Installing and Using GradleRIO Directly May not Deploy JRE"
This is the kickoff release of WPILib for the 2019 season.
See the installation instructions here: https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/getting_started/l/999999-installing-c-and-java-development-tools-for-frc