INACTIVE NOTICE: This plugin is unsupported by WPMUDEV, we've published it here for those technical types who might want to fork and maintain it for their needs.
Automatically create a list of all the users on your network, with avatars, pagination and a built-in search.
Create a automated searchable list of all the users on your network.
- Create a member directory for Multisite
- Allow users to opt out of the directory
- Automatically adds new users
- Expands the Friends plugin
- Extend member profiles with linked list
- Display user avatars
Members Directory creates and shares a list of all the users registered to your network.
Create a directory of all the users on your network that shows on your main site.
Plus, extended member profiles to show on the homepage of your site.
Member pages include:
- Biographical information as entered on the user profile
- Latest posts, comments and Friends (if the Friends plugin is installed)
It’s a perfect, simple, powerful way to display all your users in one place and allow them to have configurable and information rich profiles on the homepage of your site.
Choose to respect user privacy or keep web administrators from showing on your directory. Provide a simple toggle that removes users from the network directory.
Member directories look great right ‘out of the box’, without any extra code – making for blazing fast setup.
Display clean lists with easy navigation
Clicking on a user takes you to their extended profile.
Profiles show recent posts, comments, a friends list and bio
Create an automated directory and give users and visitors a way to easily connect with members across an entire Multisite network with Members Directory.
- Download the plugin file
- Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
- Upload /members-directory/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
- Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.
_Note: If you have an older version of the plugin installed in /mu-plugins/ please delete it.
- That’s it! No configuration necessary!
Please Note: This plugin will create a new page on your network main site to list all users unless they opt-out with their privacy options.
This plugin works best when the following plugins are installed:
- Friends plugin – so user’s can display their friends and easily add new friends via their members page
- Post indexer plugin – needed for listing a user’s posts on their members page<
- Comment Indexer plugin – needed for listing a user’s comments on their members page<
It should auto create a page called “members” on your main blog where anyone can search through all your users (except for those that opted out using your Privacy options).
On the off chance the page isn’t auto created all you need to do is create a page with the slug “members” without the quotes if the plugin fails to auto-create the page.
For a user’s website and bio info to be displayed on their members page they need to complete these details in User > Your Profile
- A user needs to have written a comment or published a post for their member page to display on the homepage of your site.
- Without any comments or posts the user will be listed in the members directory but if you click on their username their member’s page will display Member not Found
For further configuration options, such as members per page, sort order and general appearance settings, visit Network Admin -> Network Settings, where you’ll see directory settings toward the bottom of the settings page.