INACTIVE NOTICE: This plugin is unsupported by WPMUDEV, we've published it here for those technical types who might want to fork and maintain it for their needs.
Translation files can be found at https://github.com/wpmudev/translations
Password Protect lets you easily hide content in any post or page behind a safe and secure password.
No complex membership system required.
Simple Password Protection
Just select the content you'd like to hide (it can be a video, audio track, paragraph, answer or anything else at all), click on the lock button and select a password that must be entered. Once activated you'll see a nice new 'Password Protect' icon added to your Visual editor that you can use to password protect selected content.
That little lock is all you need
Simply select the content you want to protect and enter the password you'd like to use. You can even easily edit or change it at a later date.
Fun game... guess the password
Protected content will prompt users to enter a password for access to your content.
Time to enter your password
After the password has been entered
Protect Just About Anything
You can protect any media, shortcodes inserted by other plugins or any other digital item you'd like - if it can be inserted into a post or page, it can be protected. Plus, multiple separate pieces of content can be protected in a single post or page. An excellent tool for:
- Teachers wanting to keep work private from everyone who isn't in their class (or student group)
- Bloggers wanting to limit access to content to only people they know
- Providing special giveaways, but only to people who you give, or who can guess the password
- Or anyone looking to secure a piece of content, rather than a whole page
Use Password Protect for a simple content protection solution.
1. Download the plugin file
2. Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
3. Upload /protect-selected-content/ folder to /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your site
4. Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs - visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs - Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Supporter premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
Once activated you'll see a nice new 'Password Protect' icon added to your Visual editor that you can use to password protect selected content.
Now it is a simple as select your content to protect and add the password.
After you've entered the password it inserts a shortcode around your selected content.
On the front end, entering the password works the same as post passwords, it's stored in an encrypted cookie for 10 days.