Schedule Selected Content
INACTIVE NOTICE: This plugin is unsupported by WPMUDEV, we've published it here for those technical types who might want to fork and maintain it for their needs.
Translation files can be found at https://github.com/wpmudev/translations
Schedule Selected Content allows you to schedule any content, in any post, to show at a time you set in the future.
And it's brilliantly easy to use. Choose to make certain post or page content available only at scheduled periods including:
- Onetime - Choose a date in the future to start showing the content
- Weekly - Show your content only on certain days of the week at a given time
- Monthly - Schedule your content to display on the same day each month
There's even an awesome countdown timer that reloads the page at the beginning and end of the scheduled period to help enforce the protection. Simply install and activate using the WPMU DEV dashboard and a nice new 'Schedule' icon will be added to your Visual editor that you can use to schedule selected content.
Find a new icon in the content editor
Simply select what sections of your content you want to schedule, when it's to be released and how long the content should be available.
Enter anything like to display prior to the content being released
Easily use it for videos, audio, competitions or any other kind of media you like. Now your users, readers or students will only be able to see what you want to display at the scheduled time.
See it in action
Easy, effective and pretty darn powerful too. Schedule Selected Content for time controlled content sharing.
To Get Started:
Login to your admin panel for WordPress or Multisite and activate the plugin:
- On regular WordPress installs – visit Plugins and Activate the plugin.
- For WordPress Multisite installs – Activate it blog-by-blog (say if you wanted to make it a Pro Sites premium plugin), or visit Network Admin -> Plugins andNetwork Activate the plugin.
Once activated you'll see a nice new 'Schedule' clock icon added to your Visual editor that you can use to schedule selected content.
Simply select the content you'd like to schedule.
Then click the 'Schedule' icon, this will display a pop-up dialog where you can configure the settings.
Select a frequency from the Schedule drop-down which will show different settings based on your selection from the following:
- Monthly - you'll be able to select a day of the month.
- Weekly - you can tick the days of the week you want the content to show.
- Onetime - you'll be able to select the exact date you want the content to be displayed on.
Specify the time you want the content to appear using the Open Time settings. Tick the 'Use WordPress Time Instead of GMT' option to use the WordPress time zone you specified at Settings > General. Choose how long you want the content to display using the Open Length settings. Optionally, you can enter a Message to be displayed before the content is made available. Click the Insert button to insert the plugin's shortcode. You'll see it inserts a shortcode around your selected content.
On the front end you'll see a countdown clock indicating when the content will be released.