A series of tools to aid researchers using the National Library of Australia's Trove newspapers database.
- scrape.py -- scraper client for retrieving and extracting data from the Trove newspapers database.
- harvest.py -- sets up a bulk download of articles matching a specified search query
- harvester.py -- a GUI for setting up and managing harvests
- utilities.py -- used to generate lists of available newspaper titles
- do_harvest.py -- script for initiating a new harvest
- do_totals.py -- script to retrieve total numbers of articles matching a query across time
- do_summary.py -- script to retrieve total numbers of articles by state and title + config/harvest.ini -- config file for do_harvest.py + data/titles_by_id.pck + data/titles_by_state.pck
The files in the data directory are probably out of date, so use utilities.py to generate new ones if you need them.
- wxPython (for the GUI)
Copyright (C) 2011 Tim Sherratt (firstname.lastname@example.org) This file is part of the TroveNewspapers package.
The TroveNewspapers package is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The TroveNewspapers package is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the TroveNewspapers package. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.