Wrye Bash is a mod management utility for games based on Bethesda's Creation Engine, with a rich set of features. This is a fork of the Wrye Bash related code from the SVN 3177 trunk revision. We are in the process of refactoring the code to eventually support more games, offering the same feature set for all of them. Please read the Contributing section below if interested in contributing.
Here is a list of supported games with the minimal patch version that Bash was tested on (previous versions or latest versions may or may not work):
- Oblivion (patch 126.96.36.1996)
- Nehrim (patch 188.8.131.52)
- Fallout 3 (patch 184.108.40.206)
- Fallout New Vegas (patch 220.127.116.115)
- Skyrim (patch 18.104.22.168)
- Enderal (patch 22.214.171.124)
- Fallout 4 (patch 126.96.36.199)
- Skyrim Special Edition (patch 188.8.131.52)
- Oblivion Nexus
- Nehrim Nexus
- Fallout 3 Nexus
- Fallout New Vegas Nexus
- Skyrim Nexus
- Enderal Nexus
- Fallout 4 Nexus
- Skyrim Special Edition Nexus
- Github (all releases)
Docs are included in the download but we are setting them up also online here.
- Short version: just use the installer, and install everything to their default locations.
- Long version: see the General Readme for information, and the Advanced Readme for even more details.
To run Wrye Bash from the latest
dev code (download from here)
- A game to manage from the supported games.
- Python 2.7 64-bit (latest 2.7 is recommended)
NB: the 64-bit version is required. 32-bit operating systems are no longer supported.
Once you have those, install the required packages by running:
path/to/python.exe -m pip install -r requirements.txt
Refer to the readmes linked above for detailed instructions. In short:
- Install one of the supported games (Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout).
- Install Python and plugins above.
- Extract the downloaded Wrye Bash archive into your game folder.
- Run Wrye Bash by double-clicking "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" in the new Mopy folder.
Since 306, Wrye Bash runs on WINE - with some hiccups. Please see our wiki article for a detailed guide.
Relevant issue: #240
Questions ? Feedback ?
We are currently monitoring this thread at the AFK Mods forum and the Wrye Bash Discord. Please be sure to ask there first before reporting an issue here. If asking for help please provide the info detailed in our Reporting a bug wiki page. In particular it is essential you produce a bashbugdump.log.
In the second post of the AFK Mods thread, as well as in the
#wip-builds channel on Discord, there are links to the latest python
and standalone (exe) builds. Be sure to check those out for bleeding edge
bugfixes and enhancements. Feedback appreciated!
Please see our dedicated Contributing.md document for information on how to contribute.
dev: the main development branch - approved commits end up here. Do not directly push to this branch - push to your branches and contact someone from the owners team in the relevant issue.
master: the production branch, contains stable releases. Use it only as reference.
nightly: bleeding edge branch. Commits land here for testing.