Wrye Bash is a mod management utility for Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition, with a rich set of features. This is a fork of the Wrye Bash related code from the SVN 3177 trunk revision. We are in the process of refactoring the code to eventually support more games, offering the same feature set for all of them. Please read the Contributing section below if interested in contributing.
Here is a list of supported games with the minimal patch version that Bash was tested on (previous versions or latest versions may or may not work):
- Oblivion (patch 1.2.0416)
- Fallout 3 (patch 188.8.131.52)
- Fallout New Vegas (patch 184.108.40.2065)
- Skyrim (patch 220.127.116.11)
- Fallout 4 (patch 1.10.50.01)
- Skyrim Special Edition (patch 1.5.23.08)
- Oblivion Nexus
- Fallout 3
- Fallout New Vegas
- Skyrim Nexus
- Fallout 4 Nexus
- Skyrim Special Edition Nexus
- Github (all releases)
Docs are included in the download but we are setting them up also online here.
- Short version: just use the installer, and install everything to their default locations.
- Long version: see the General Readme for information, and the Advanced Readme for even more details.
To run Wrye Bash from the latest
dev code (download from here)
- A game to manage from the supported games.
- Python 2.7 (latest 2.7 is recommended)
- wxPython 18.104.22.168 Unicode (do not get a newer version)
- pywin32 build 220 or newer for your Python
- comtypes 0.6.2 or later for your Python
- Optionally scandir - recommended.
NB: the 32-bit versions are required even if you are on a 64-bit operating system.
Refer to the readmes for detailed instructions. In short:
- Install one of the supported games (Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout).
- Install Python and plugins above.
- Extract the downloaded Wrye Bash archive into your game folder.
- Run Wrye Bash by double-clicking "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" in the new Mopy folder.
Wrye Bash 306 runs on WINE - with some hiccups. In short:
- Do not use the installer - instead wine-install the python prerequisites above, then unzip/clone the python version in your game folder
canVista = Falsejust above the
def setUAC(button_,uac=True):so it becomes
... canVista = False def setUAC(button_,uac=True): ...
- Run Bash as
wine python /path/to/Mopy/Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw
Questions ? Feedback ?
We are currently monitoring this thread at the Bethesda.net SSE forums, for all supported games - or alternatively this thread, at AFK mods. Please be sure to ask there first before reporting an issue here. If asking for help please provide the info detailed in our Reporting a bug wiki page. In particular it is essential you produce a bashbugdump.log.
In the second post of the Bethesda or AFK threads there are links to latest python and standalone (exe) builds. Be sure to check those out for bleeding edge bugfixes and enhancements. Feedback appreciated!
To contribute to the code, fork the repo and set your fork up as detailed in [git] Syncing a Fork with the main repository. A good starting point is the currently worked on issues (see also issue 200 for some refactoring tasks we need help with). The recommended way to code for Bash is Pycharm (set up instructions). Please also read at least:
- [github] Branching Model & Using The Repository
- [github] Branching and merging to dev using rebase
- [dev] Coding Style
When ready do not issue a pull request - contact instead a member of the team in the relevant issue and let them review. Then those branches can be pulled from your fork and integrated with upstream. Once this is done a couple times you get write rights.
dev: the main development branch - approved commits end up here. Do not directly push to this branch - push to your branches and contact someone from the owners team in the relevant issue.
master: the production branch, contains stable releases. Use it only as reference.
utumno-wip: bleeding edge dev branch. Do have a look if interested in contributing or testing very latest features/fixes.