WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus team is pleased to announce the release of WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus 5.0.0.
WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus is a lightweight, high performance, near-zero latency product, providing comprehensive support for several different technologies like SOAP, WS* and REST as well as domain-specific solutions and protocols like SAP, FIX and HL7. It goes above and beyond by being 100% compliant with enterprise integration patterns. It also has 100+ ready-made, easy-to-use connectors to seamlessly integrate between cloud service providers. WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus is 100% configuration driven, which means no code needs to be written. Its capabilities can be extended too with the many extension points to plug into.
WSO2 ESB 5.0.0 consists of runtime, tooling and analytics components.
For more information on WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and to download the product please visit http://wso2.com/products/enterprise-service-bus/. Also take a look at the online product documentation.
How to Run
- Extract the downloaded zip
- Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
- Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
- Launch a web browser and navigate to https://localhost:9443/carbon to access the admin console
- Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password to login as an admin
Following New Features are included
- [ESBJAVA-1999] - Add websocket support to the ESB
- [ESBJAVA-3851] - Distributed Transaction (XATransaction) For JMS Transport
- [ESBJAVA-4078] - Support JMS 2.0.0
- [ESBJAVA-4550] - Data mapping feature for ESB
- [ESBJAVA-4854] - Proxy profile support
- [ESBJAVA-4855] - Mediation Debugging capability for WSO2 ESB
- [ESBJAVA-4857] - New ESB statistics and tracing integration with ESB analytics
- [DEVTOOLESB-71] - Create tree by adding elements - json schema
- [DEVTOOLESB-233] - Provide instruction for getting access token via Developer Studio
- [DEVTOOLESB-452] - Generating the form editor for Local Entry
- [DEVTOOLESB-457] - ESB Solution Project Creation
- [DEVTOOLESB-738] - Mediator flow debugging support
- [DEVTOOLESB-739] - Data Mapping Visual tool
- [DEVTOOLESB-740] - Adding form editors for Endpoints, Message processors, Scheduled tasks
- [DEVTOOLESB-741] - Adding form editors for Message Store, Template endpoints
- [ANLYESB-192] - VizGrammar charts for Analytic Dashboard
- [ANLYESB-193] - Create a separate product distribution for WSO2 ESB Analytics
- [ANLYESB-194] - Create required gadgets for analytics dashboard with pub sub facility
- [ANLYESB-195] - Summarization Spark script for ESB statistics
- [ANLYESB-196] - Relational Provider for aggregated events in ESB Analytics
- [ANLYESB-197] - Cross tenant statistic aggregate operations.
- [ANLYESB-198] - Offline statistic calculation.
- [ANLYESB-199] - Pre and post comparison for the mediator tracing.
Complete list of bug fixes and improvements
Key Features of WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus
Connect Anything to Anything
- Adapters to cloud services: 150+ connectors across various categories such as payments, CRM, ERP, social networks or legacy systems.
- Transports: HTTP, HTTPS, Web sockets, POP, IMAP, SMTP, JMS 1.1, JMS 2.0, AMQP, RabbitMQ, FIX, TCP, * UDP, FTPS, SFTP, MLLP and SMS, MQTT, Apache Kafka
- Formats & protocols: JSON, XML, SOAP 1.1, SOAP 1.2, WS-*, HTML, EDI, HL7, OAGIS, Hessian, Text, JPEG, MP4, all binary formats and CORBA/IIOP
- Adapters to COTS systems: SAP BAPI & IDoc, IBM WebSphere MQ, Oracle AQ and MSMQ
Route, Mediate & Transform
- Routing: header based, content based, rule-based and priority-based routing
- Mediation: support for all Enterprise Integration Patterns or EIPs (including scatter/gather, message filters, recipient list, dead-letter channels, guaranteed delivery and message enrichment), database integration, event publishing, logging & auditing, validation
- Transformation: XSLT 1.0/2.0, XPath, XQuery and Smooks
- Visual Data Mapping: Mapping input data into output data visually using Developer Studio
Acts as Message, Service, API, and Security Gateway
- Expose existing applications & services over different protocols and message formats
- Enable virtualization of services for loose coupling and SOA governance
- Create service façades for legacy/non-standard services
- Expose services & applications via RESTful APIs
- Enforce and manage security centrally, including authentication, authorization, and entitlement
- WS-Security, LDAP, Kerberos, OpenID, SAML, XACML
- SSL tunneling and SSL profiles support for inbound and outbound scenarios
- CRL/OCSP Certificate revocation verification
- Policy enforcement and governance via WSO2 Governance Registry
- Enable logging, audit and SLA monitoring, KPI monitoring
- Ensure load balancing for scalability and failover for high availability of business endpoints
Get High Performance, High Availability, Scalability & Stability
- Supports 1000s of concurrent non-blocking HTTP(S) connections per server
- Pure streaming and on-demand processing of messages
- Sub-millisecond latency for high-throughput scenarios
- Supports highly available deployment
- Enables horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture
- Ensures long-term execution stability with low resource utilization
Ensure Lightweight, Developer-Friendly, and Easy Deployment
- Tracing and debugging message mediation
- Get declarative development with configuration instead of code
- Enable easy configuration of fault tolerant mediations with support for error handling
- Ensure server customization via feature provisioning of any WSO2 middleware capability
- Extend configuration language with custom DSLs via templates
- Develop and deploy via Integration with SVN, Maven, Ant, and other standard tools
- Integrate with WSO2 Developer Studio, Eclipse-based IDE for all WSO2 products
Manage & Monitor
- Ensure comprehensive management & monitoring Web console with enterprise-level security
- Enable built-in collection and monitoring of standard access and performance statistics
- Integrate with WSO2 Data Analytics Server for operational audit and KPI monitoring and management
- Get flexible logging support with integration to enterprise logging systems
- Ensure centralized configuration management across different environments with lifecycles and versioning via integration with WSO2 Governance Registry
- Publish mediation statistics to the intuitive, visual dashboards
- Create your own customized dashboards and visualize data
- Monitor statistics for all artifacts types and system performance
- Trace message mediation flows and identify bottlenecks
How You Can Contribute
Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.
We encourage you to report issues, documentation faults and feature requests regarding WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus through the public JIRA. You can use the Carbon JIRA to report any issues related to the Carbon base framework or associated Carbon components.
We are committed to ensuring that your enterprise middleware deployment is completely supported from evaluation to production. Our unique approach ensures that all support leverages our open development methodology and is provided by the very same engineers who build the technology.
For more details and to take advantage of this unique opportunity please visit http://wso2.com/support.
To learn more about WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and WSO2 support offerings please visit http://wso2.com/products/enterprise-service-bus/
-- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus Team --