A framework for launching new Django Rest Framework projects quickly. Comes with a custom user model, login/logout/signup, social authentication via django-allauth, and more.
- Django 2.1 and Python 3.7
- Custom user model
- Token-based auth
- django-allauth for social auth
- Pipenv for virtualenvs
- Make sure Python 3.7x and Pipenv are already installed. See here for help.
- Clone the repo and configure the virtual environment:
$ git clone https://github.com/wsvincent/drfx.git $ cd drfx $ pipenv install $ pipenv shell
- Set up the initial migration for our custom user models in users and build the database.
(drfx) $ python manage.py makemigrations users (drfx) $ python manage.py migrate (drfx) $ python manage.py createsuperuser (drfx) $ python manage.py runserver
Login with your superuser account. Then navigate to all users. Logout. Sign up for a new account and repeat the login, users, logout flow.
- login - http://127.0.0.1:8000/api/v1/rest-auth/login/
- all users - http://127.0.0.1:8000/api/v1/users
- logout - http://127.0.0.1:8000/api/v1/rest-auth/logout/
- signup - http://127.0.0.1:8000/api/v1/rest-auth/registration/
Want to learn more about Django REST Framework? I've written an entire book that takes a project-based approach to building web APIs with Django. The first 2 chapters are available for free online at https://restapiswithdjango.com/.