What is WTForms?
WTForms is a flexible forms validation and rendering library for python web development.
If you downloaded the package from PyPI, there will also be a prebuilt copy of the html documentation in the
Why use WTForms?
- Security-first design; we take good validation seriously.
- Framework-agnostic; works with your web framework and template engine of choice.
- Rich ecosystem of library integrations
The easiest way to install WTForms is using pip:
pip install WTForms
If you downloaded a source tarball, or cloned the repository, you can install using setup.py:
python setup.py install
You can also simply place the
wtforms subdirectory somewhere on your python path. This can be useful if you deploy on Google App Engine for example.
Third-Party Library Integrations
WTForms works with most web frameworks very well; but there are a number of tools available that make integration with database ORM's, environments, and frameworks even better - either reducing boilerplate or adding features like query fields, etc.
- Flask-WTF is an integration with the Flask framework providing a solid default CSRF configuration, file upload support, flask-i18n integration, and more.
- WTForms-Appengine provides ORM-backed fields and form generation from Appengine db/ndb schema
- WTForms-SQLAlchemy provides ORM-backed fields and generation of forms from models.
- WTForms-Alchemy provides powerful model forms support