WTForms is a flexible forms validation and rendering library for Python web development. It is framework agnostic and can work with whatever web framework and template engine you choose. There are various community libraries that provide closer integration with popular frameworks.
To get started using WTForms, we recommend reading the crash course in the docs.
Install and update using pip:
pip install -U WTForms
Third-Party Library Integrations
WTForms is designed to work with any web framework and template engine. There are a number of community-provided libraries that make integrating with frameworks even better.
- Flask-WTF integrates with the Flask framework. It can automatically load data from the request, uses Flask-Babel to translate based on user-selected locale, provides full-application CSRF, and more.
- WTForms-Alchemy provides rich support for generating forms from SQLAlchemy models, including an expanded set of fields and validators.
- WTForms-SQLAlchemy provides ORM-backed fields and form generation from SQLAlchemy models.
- WTForms-AppEngine provides ORM-backed fields and form generation from AppEnding db/ndb schema
- WTForms-AppEngine provides ORM-backed fields and form generation from Django models, as well as integration with Django's I18N support.
- Documentation: https://wtforms.readthedocs.io/
- License: BSD
- Releases: https://pypi.org/project/WTForms/
- Code: https://github.com/wtforms/wtforms
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/wtforms/wtforms/issues
- Test status:
- Test coverage: https://coveralls.io/github/wtforms/wtforms