PawPrints is a web application created by the RIT Student Government.
The RPI Web Technologies Group has modified the application for use on the Rensselaer campus. The purpose of this site is to share ideas and influence decision making by posting petitions. The community votes on the petitions, and once a minimum threshold is reached, a response is issued by an appropriate representative or leader knowledgeable of the issue.
Usage (Local Development)
- Install Meteor.
settings.jsonand edit appropriately. All properties defined in
- From the root directory, run
meteor --settings settings.json.
note: when cloning, run the following to include the CAS auth package for RPI deployment
git clone --recursive https://github.com/wtg/petitions
Usage (Production Enviornment)
- Check out the node section of the config repository for example systemd files and nginx configuration files.
- For creating an admin user for mongo, read Section 1.2 of this article.
- The roadmap details planned features by core project maintainers.
- We are open to pull requests! Please follow the coding conventions currently in place.