A Virtual Machine for Mock Builder
This project automates the setup of a development environment for working with Mock Builder.
How to install
- Install VirtualBox * Install v4.3.24 or greater.
- Install Vagrant * Install v1.7.2 or greater.
- Install Vagrant Triggers by running:
vagrant plugin install vagrant-triggers
- If you dont have the
slate_themesfolders, run the following otherwise skip this step: *
cd ~ && mkdir Sites && cd ~/Sites/ && mkdir slate_themes
- Next we have to build the Mock Builder virtual machine. Building the virtual machine is easy:
bash cd ~/Sites/ && git clone https://github.com/wvuweb/mock-builder-vm.git cd mock-builder-vm vagrant up
* **NOTE:** The first time you run `vagrant up`, it may take 5-30 minutes to build the virtual machine. On subsequent `vagrant up`'s it will only take a few seconds.
If the build fails run
vagrant provision until it completes. If you have continue to have issues, open an issue.
To be ran from the
vagrant up # Start Mock Builder vagrant halt # Stop Mock Builder vagrant mock update # Update Mock Builder vagrant status # Is the VM running?
If you would like to have aliases for the above command add the following to your
.profile in your user root directory.
alias mock-start="cd ~/Sites/mock-builder-vm && vagrant up" alias mock-stop="cd ~/Sites/mock-builder-vm && vagrant halt" alias mock-update="cd ~/Sites/mock-builder-vm && vagrant mock-builder update"
Truth be told, you don't actually need a
Sites folder—we simply include it for consistency. To get Mock Builder working, the
slate_themes directories must be on the same level, like so:
/Sites/ |_/mock-builder-vm/ |_/slate_themes/