wxFormBuilder Plugin SDK
The wxFormBuilder SDK makes it simple to create plug-ins for wxFormBuilder.
It is a set of needed libraries that every plug-in must use to be considered
a wxFormBuilder plug-in. The SDK uses a simple but effective build tool called
Premake. You use premake to build makefiles, Visual Studio 7.1/2005 projects,
and Code::Blocks projects. Now makefile and Code::Blocks are the supported
types that the wxFormBuilder team tests and uses, so your mileage may vary
with the other build types.
Build File Creation:
To create the needed build files navigate to the 'sdk' directory and type
one of the following commands:
- Code::Blocks Projects and workspace:
Windows: premake\premake-win32 --target cb-gcc --with-wx-shared [--unicode]
Linux: premake/premake-linux --target cb-gcc --with-wx-shared [--unicode]
- GNU makefile:
Windows: premake\premake-win32 --target gnu --with-wx-shared [--unicode]
Linux: premake/premake-linux --target gnu --with-wx-shared [--unicode]
- For Code::Blocks, use the generated .workspace to build the SDK.
- For GNU makefiles type: (Assumes you have properly setup your system to build
with gcc or MinGW)
wxFormBuilder has a plug-in interface and every plug-in shares this as a
dependancy. It builds to a static library and should be included in any
and all plug-ins.
2. Tinyxml++ 2.4.2 (TiCPP)
wxFormBuilder uses TinyXML++ for writing and reading xml.
You can find TinyXML++ on http://code.google.com/p/ticpp/
The build file generator. It is precompiled for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Code::Blocks is a free cross-platform IDE and it can be found here:
- Premake can be found here:
- Subversion is a great free cross-platform version control manager.
It can be found here:
- TinyXML++ (TiCPP) is a great small xml parser. It can be found here:
The wxFormBuilder Team