Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Many bugfixes for the display code
- The desktop integration files now adher to the newest standards
- Refactoring in order to make the code easier to understand.
- Spelling fixes
- Shipped around a wxWidgets <3.1 bug for embedding bitmaps in svg
- Many Links were updated to https
- A better help file detection that still works if there is no .hhp file.
A new release.
This time it doesn't contain new features, but bug fixes, notably
- Corrected the line break algorithm for printing and displaying maths and text.
- Better GTK3 compatibility for Linux
- Windows now should be aware that wxMaxima is high-DPI aware
- And the disappearing editor on some Mac OS Computers.
It also is way faster as the code that decides which parts of the screen need to be re-drawn has been made smarter.
Additionally the new release contains many code cleanups: I am aware that any code cleanup might and will introduce new bugs, but making things simpler decreases the chance of future bugs and during refacturing the code normally additional bugs are found and resolved.
Hopefully the last try to get 18.11 out: Speeding up the display by not trying to display things that aren't in the region that is currently redrawn on the screen broke printing => Disable the speed-up whilst printing.
A release focussed on resolving bugs found on different operating systems.
The changes in this release are:
- GTK3 Compatibility
- Worked around C compiler bugs that truncated the beginning of long strings
- Zoom gestures for more computers
- A better lisp mode
- Limit cells now can be broken into lines if they are too wide for the window
- Major performance improvements
- Several appearance improvements
- Many additional bug fixes
- A more stable Enhanced Metafile output for Windows. Fixes a crash multiple users have experienced.
- Translation uodates
- Better cleanup on restarting Maxima
- Defer any try to change Maxima's configuration until all questions are answered.
- A menu item that sets the autosubscript feature for the current worksheet.
- A menu allowing to switch floats to engineering format.
- Maxima can now pass the values of variables to wxMaxima.
- Autocompletion for functions from lisp-only packages and for all of maxima's built in functions.
- A context-sensitive "draw" sidepane.
- We now allow a packet from Maxima to end in the middle of an unicode codepoint.
- If the name of a lisp function is known it now is displayed.
- A right-click menu that copies an animation to the clipboard.
- A new default value for the current MathJaX release.
- A "recent packages" menu for packages loaded from load() or from the menu.
- Advertise the current file and the file's state to the Operating System
- Copy as Enhanced Metafile (Windows only).
- Code simplifications.
- A dockable panel for the debug messages.
- A more modern theme.
- Draw: A right-click menu allowing to open images from the current session as interactive gnuplot sessions.
- Migrate the config file to a XDG-compatible location if wxWidgets is new enough to support it.
- A "Tip of the day" dialogue that allows for resizing, scrollbars and work while it is still open.
- Matrices can now be displayed using round and square brackets.
- Various High-DPI enhancements.
- Enhancements for low-resolution screens.
- Many bug fixes.
- Reduced the number of autogenerated files, installed files and external dependencies to a minimum.
- Big performance improvements, again.