linkr - A simple IRC/Slack bridge
= Go ~1.2
- Slack account w/bot access
- IRC w/option nickserv registration
- Go to your org's Slack page
- Add a Slack API integration under DIY
- Choose a name for the bot and grab the API token
- Setup the environmental variables. Note that IRC_NETWORK is host:port, TLS-only.
- Install the project:
$ go get github.com/wyc/linkr $ linkr
- This adds a security risk if your IRC channels are public. You need to be invited to an organization's Slack to participate while IRC has a freer nature. Consider using invite-only/password channels.
- Use CLI flags where they make sense
- Nicer error messages that explain what went wrong
- Handle more types of IRC/Slack events
- Cache Slack names and other metadata?