This is a very early work-in-progress project to bring the HTML5 parsing algorithm to any ECMAScript 3 environment.
The goals of the project are:
- Tokenizes and parses HTML using the HTML5 algorithm
- Does not require ES5; works in any ECMAScript 3 environment
- Specifically, is designed for use in a browser environment
- At least for now, code structure that is similar to the text of the parser spec
- Correctness first, performance later
- Once the parser is correct, good performance will be a critical goal.
- Ability to prototype new features like
<template>as a polyfill for existing browsers.