WP-Skeleton - WordPress Theme
This is a very minimal Bare Bones Responsive WordPress theme based on getskeleton.com
I have added a demo: http://skeleton.phpfogapp.com/
- Very Easy to customise, it's basically a blank theme.
- Responsive Media Query Layout
- Very small footprint: Entire theme is only 55kb
- Very small load query, only 15-20 WordPress queries made to the DB by default.
- Bundled with full 960 based CSS Responsive Grid
- Icon support for mobile and web
- IE HTML5shim support
Default 4 layouts:
- Base 960 Grid 960px
- Tablet (Portrait) 768px
- Mobile (Portrait) 320px
- Mobile (Landscape) 480px
What's is included:
WordPress Menu support ( Drag & Drop)
- The menu floats right on the large sizes, then floats left on mobile.
- By default it has a widgitized sidebar and footer.
Comment, Full Width Page, Author, Search, 404 --> Templates
Some basic template tags for Site Title, Tagline, Post Meta.
An additional Folder Called "Snippets" you can comment in/out that is pre-filled with ton of default WordPress features.
This is called in the functions.php and is commented out by default.( in add-stuff.php and remove-stuff.php) )
What it does not have:
Image template or any real image CSS - This is best left outside a framework
the_excerpt , by default you must use the "Read More" to split posts in the main loop.
tag output in the main loop, I never use tags and they can add to db overhead.
Some pages are just handled by the main loop, such as single.php, archives , category, tags, etc.
The CSS for those elements is still present but it is best to
The footer is left completely unstyled, up to you which grids you want to use, supports 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns easily.
To have a left sidebar just move
get_template_part( 'sidebar', 'index' ); to above the loop call (might need minor tweaks).
More grid layout and examples on http://www.getskeleton.com/