This application shows bus & train arrivals from TriMet's TransitTracker™ service. It will allow users to save stops of interest and view upcoming arrivals on a map or in a list.
This application is currently in the initial stages of development and should not be considered a reliable source for TriMet arrival times or any other information. Arrival times and other information should be verified via TriMet's official TransitTracker™ or by other means.
- Stop lookup by stop ID
- Stop lookup by current location
- Stop lookup by address search (maybe?)
- Saving of looked-up stops
- Grouping of saved stops; e.g., stops near home and work
- Filtering by route per stop; e.g., for the stop near home, only show me the MAX Green Line
- Map view of saved stops showing upcoming arrivals using visual cues; i.e., highlight stops with arrivals in the next few minutes in green, stops with arrivals in ~10 minutes in yellow, etc
- Developer site: http://developer.trimet.org/
- API registration: http://developer.trimet.org/appid/registration/
- Arrivals: http://developer.trimet.org/ws_docs/arrivals2_ws.shtml
- Stops: http://developer.trimet.org/ws_docs/stop_location_ws.shtml
NOTE: You'll need a TriMet API key for use in development. You can get one from the API registration page.
npm install and then
npm start should do the trick.
- Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)
- React with Redux (thinking of switching to MobX)