Generate search data for Hexo 3.0. This plugin is used for generating a search index file, which contains all the neccessary data of your articles that you can use to write a local search engine for your blog. Supports both XML and JSON format output.
$ npm install hexo-generator-search --save
You can configure this plugin in your root
search: path: search.xml field: post content: true
- path - file path. By default is
search.xml. If the file extension is
.json, the output format will be JSON. Otherwise XML format file will be exported.
- field - the search scope you want to search, you can chose:
- post (Default) - will only covers all the posts of your blog.
- page - will only covers all the pages of your blog.
- all - will covers all the posts and pages of your blog.
- content - whether contains the whole content of each article. If
false, the generated results only cover title and other meta info without mainbody. By default is
What's this plugin supposed to do?
This plugin is used for generating a xml / json file from your Hexo blog that provides data for searching.
Where's this file saved to?
hexo g you will get the generated result at your public folder.
How to use this plugin in my Hexo blog?
You have two choices:
- you don't want to write search engine by yourself. There are many themes that take use this plugin for local searching that works out of box.
- you are familiar with Ajax and jQuery and would like to write your own search engine. You can implement one by yourself according to the example theme I give. Read the source code of this theme. Generally there are 3 steps: