Contributors: x-team, shadyvb, fjarrett, jonathanbardo, johnregan3, akeda, kucrut, topher1kenobe, powelski
Tags: actions, activity, admin, analytics, dashboard, log, notification, stream, users
Requires at least: 3.7
Tested up to: 3.8.1
Stable tag: trunk (master)
License: GPLv2 or later
Note: This plugin requires PHP 5.3 or higher to be activated.
Never be in the dark about WP Admin activity again. Stream allows you to know exactly when changes to your site have been made, and more importantly, who did them.
Every logged-in user action is logged in a user activity stream and organized for easy filtering by connector, context, action and IP address.
Built with performance in mind, Stream won't pollute your default posts table with records or slow down content querying on your site.
Stream is built to extend, allowing developers to easily build their own connectors to track any type of action in the activity stream (developer documentation coming soon).
- Custom Post Types
- Custom Taxonomies
- Custom Backgrounds
- Custom Headers
- Media Library
- WordPress Core Updates
- Dashboard widget of most recent user activity
- Limit who can view user activity records by user role
- UI to exclude specific types of user activity from being tracked
- Live update of user activity records in the Stream
- Private RSS and JSON feeds of user activity records
- Set how long records should live before being purged automatically
- Option to manually purge all user activity records from the database
- Disable connectors where you don't want user activity tracked
- Support for IPv6 addresses
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Limit who can view user activity records by user, not just by role
- Multisite view of all activity records on a network
- Language support for Arabic (RTL), Czech and Slovak
See room for improvement?
Great! There are several ways you can get involved to help make Stream better:
- Report Bugs: If you find a bug, error or other problem, please report it! You can do this by creating a new topic in the plugin forum. Once a developer can verify the bug by reproducing it, they will create an official bug report in GitHub where the bug will be worked on.
- Suggest New Features: Have an awesome idea? Please share it! Simply create a new topic in the plugin forum to express your thoughts on why the feature should be included and get a discussion going around your idea.
- Issue Pull Requests: If you're a developer, the easiest way to get involved is to help out on issues already reported in GitHub. Be sure to check out the contributing guide for developers.
Thank you for wanting to make Stream better for everyone! We salute you.
Every logged-in user action is logged in the activity stream and organized for easy filtering and searching.
Enable live updates in Screen Options to watch your site activity flow into the Stream in real-time.
Enable private feed access for your activity Stream, determine how long records should live before being purged, or purge them from the database manually at any time.
- New: Theme Editor connector for tracking changes made to theme files (#313)
- New: Additional screen options to show/hide only the filters you care about (#329)
- New: Visibility option in Exclude settings to hide past records from view (#355)
- New: Stream Activity dashboard widget now supports live updates (#356)
- New: Hover authors to reveal a tooltip with helpful user meta (#338)
- New: Hover roles to reveal a tooltip with the number of authors assigned to that role (#377)
- Tweak: Future dates now disabled in Start date field datepicker (#334)
- Tweak: Now showing user Gravatars in Exclude Authors & Roles settings field (#333)
- Tweak: ID column is now hidden by default in Screen Options (#348)
- Tweak: Widget updated summary message improvement (8818976)
- Fix: Autocomplete not working correctly in Exclude IP Addressees settings field (#335)
- Fix: Reset Stream Database link not clearing everything in all cases (#347)
- Fix: PHP 5.3.3 compatibility issue with filter constant (#351)
- Fix: Predefined date range intervals not honoring the site timezone setting (#353)
- Fix: wpdb::prepare() notice appearing in WordPress 3.9 (#354)
- Fix: Invalid argument warning thrown on fresh installations of WordPress (#358)
- Fix: Record TTL purge not functioning correctly (#371)
- Fix: Small CSS bug in jQuery UI datepicker skins (04c80af)
- New: Exclude tab in Settings to prevent specific types of activity from being tracked (#251)
- New: Now logging Custom Background and Custom Header changes (#309)
- New: Predefined date intervals now available when filtering records (#320)
- Tweak: Action links are now available for Stream Settings records (#305)
- Tweak: User avatars now displayed in Authors dropdown filter (#311)
- Tweak: Live updates are enabled by default for new installs (#312)
- Fix: Fallback to the term slug if a label does not exist in list-table (#214)
- Fix: Widget sorting is now being tracked properly as well as Inactive widgets (#283)
- Fix: Superfluous auto-draft posts are now prevented from being logged (#293)
Fixes bug that caused media uploads to fail on new posts. Props fjarrett
Improved context names in Users connector. Props powelski
Load authors filter using AJAX if there are more than 50. Props powelski
Bug fixes. Props shadyvb
Upgrade routine for IP column in DB. Serialized option parsing for Stream Settings records. Purge records immediately when TTL is set backwards in Stream Settings. Various bug fixes. Props shadyvb, powelski, fjarrett
Bug fix for list table notice on new installations. Props shadyvb
Disable terms in dropdown filters for which records do not exist. Props johnregan3
Several important bug fixes. Props shadyvb
Bug fix for sites using BuddyPress. Props johnregan3
Code efficiency improvements when fetching admin area URLs. Props fjarrett
Bug fix for live updates breaking columns when some are hidden via Screen Options. Props johnregan3
Ensure the dashboard widget repects the Role Access setting. Props fjarrett
Require nonce for generating a new user feed key. Props johnregan3
Updated screenshot assets and descriptions. Props fjarrett
WordPress context added to Installer connector for core updates. Props shadyvb
Bug fix for Role Access option. Props fjarrett
Bug fixes for the Installer connector. Props shadyvb
Hotfix to remove PHP 5.4-only syntax. Role Access option added to Settings. Props kucrut
Initial concept built using custom post type/taxonomies as the data model. Props shadyvb