Play framework makes it easier to build Web applications with Java. It is a clean alternative to bloated Enterprise Java stacks. It focuses on developer productivity and targets RESTful architectures. Play is a perfect companion to agile software development.
Learn more on the https://www.playframework.com website.
1. Install the latest version of Play framework and unzip it anywhere you want:
unzip play-1.3.0-RC1.zip -d /opt/play-1.3.0-RC1
2. Add the play script to your PATH:
3. Create a new Play application:
play new /opt/myFirstApp
4. Run the created application:
play run /opt/myFirstApp
5. Go to localhost:9000/ and you’ll see the welcome page.
6. Start developing your new application:
- Your first application — the ‘Hello World’ tutorial
- Tutorial — Play guide, a real world app step-by-step
- The essential documentation
- Java API
Get the source
Fork the project source code on Github:
git clone git://github.com/playframework/play.git
The project history is pretty big. You can pull only a shallow clone by specifying the number of commits you want with —depth:
git clone git://github.com/playframework/play.git --depth 10
Please report bugs on our lighthouse tracker.
Play framework is distributed under Apache 2 licence.