Join GitHub today
Feature: CSV uploading
Clone this wiki locally
Turning a CSV into a JSON API is easy, when you follow a few steps to ensure data quality and avoid errors in uploading your file:
- Use OpenLibre or Google Sheets.
- Excel does some pretty wacky things when saving .csv files (see here and here for some technical background), particularly if you’re on a Mac.
- If you do download a file into Excel and need to make change and save it, try saving it as a “Windows Comma Separated” .csv file.
Ensuring you get the most out of your uploaded CSV:
- Avoid spaces or special characters in the file name.
- Delete empty rows above the headers column. This will allow our CSV uploader to properly parse the file’s attributes.
- Delete empty or unused columns between your first and last data containing columns. This will ensure that Xapix doesn’t auto-generate any unnecessary blank attributes for your CSV file.
- Clear any additional data-containing cells.
- Prevent Xapix from picking up any data you don’t want in your CSV API.