three.js WebGL & YouTube video overlay experiment
David Bayliss 2017 Feb / Mar
See https://blog.xarta.co.uk/contact for working example
- https://github.com/davros1973/tunnelgl (not yet working in IE)
- js: src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/threejs/r83/three.min.js"
Also some CSS and a font I put together for the contact list at the end.
- only works "well" in Chrome, but still GL related errors reported in console
- Firefox has an issue with 3drotate (in JQuery)
- Internet Explorer doesn't like the tunnelgl iframe
- Edge works but needs more horsepower (struggles on a circa 2009 Core 2 Duo laptop)
- Edge - update April 2017: noticed on Windows 10 v1703 Edge continues countdown past 0
ToDo (might add-to as I remember)
- start using git issues rather than README.md like this for them
- do something fun where I pause at the end of my street
- look at lighting and better camera control ... e.g. avoid flying through the Borg Cube
- and tackle issues listed above.
Will make more notes at: