Directfb has recently gained support for Mesa/DRM for GLES2.0 acceleration.
This means we can now run without X on supported platforms. This has been
tested on a SandyBridge Macbook Pro.
- Depends on latest DirectFB/Mesa. Oneric should have all that's needed.
- Current DirectFB/Mesa has a bug causing the screen to be shown upside-down.
- Current DirectFB/Mesa fails to compile our shaders.
- Current DirectFB does not yet have have mesa hooked up.
Upstream is aware of these issues and is very eager to fix them for us in the
next few days so that they can feature XBMC support with their next release.
- Hook up resolution switching in XBMC (currently it's done via a config file)
- Decide whether we need to hook up windowing functions (I say no.)
- Implement ImageProviders for hardware-accelerated image decodes.
- Cleanup the configure logic